The College of Letters and Science is a school within the University of California, Davis specializing in education in the fundamental liberal arts, mathematics, and sciences. It is the largest of the colleges at the university, with over 50 departments combined. The college website has over 100,000 visit a year. The site won the 2011 CASE Awards GOLD in Websites.
The objectives of the website redesign included:
- Give the college website a new digital and user-friendly appeal that encourages interaction with departments
- Give better presence to department and program missions, activities, and people, making the site more relevant to the the engaging stories that the different departments offer to current and future students.
- Create a new website information architecture that adds structure and ease to website navigation and maintenance
This university website design exhibits following creative features:
- Bold yet sophisticated animated billboard for integration of timely College of Letters and Science news and events
- Consistent "teardrop" treatment of website photos to support a consistent look-and-feel representative of both scientific and liberal arts departments
- Overlapping tone-in-tone graphics and navigational accents that guide, familiarize and leave visitors with a positive impression of the College's overall message
- Incorporate elements of print collateral from College marketing and adhere to
UC Davis identity standards
This California website provides following technology features:
- The College website was assembled by Minh Nguyen’s excellent tech team with minimal direction from Cake Farm